[Evergreen-catalogers] MARC Batch Edit and "global" changes to multiple records

Sowers, Bill [KSLIB] Bill.Sowers at library.ks.gov
Mon Mar 9 13:09:52 EDT 2015

Hello all...

Our library is brand new to Evergreen and we have a question that might be very basic... am hoping that it is.

How do you do "global" changes in Evergreen without overlaying all MARC fields that begin with the same MARC number?

As an example:

ks.sequoia.evergreencatalog.com/eg/opac/record/258590

We have two 710 2\ fields in this record.  We have over 600 records in our catalog with:

710 2\ $aKGI Online Archive

.... that we want to change to:

710 2\ $aKGI Online Library

If we  save 100 records with 710 2\ $aKGI Online Archive to a bucket and then do a MARC Batch Edit replacing 710 2\ $aKGI Online Archive with 710 2\ $aKGI Online Library it not only overlays KGI Online Archive... it also overlays every 710 2\ field in every record within the list we've created.

So with the example above 710 2\ $aKansas State Fair disappears from the record along with KGI Online Archive... replace by KGI Online Library.

I guess we're missing where we can let the system know that we're only interested in overlaying one of the 710 2\ fields within the records.  Any help appreciated.

Bill Sowers

Bill Sowers
Kansas Documents and Cataloging Librarian
State Library of Kansas
Bill.Sowers at library.ks.gov<mailto:ksdocs at library.ks.gov>