[Evergreen-catalogers] Evergreen Acquistions vs some other method

Judith Bouman Judith.Bouman at cityofnorthbay.ca
Thu Nov 5 14:47:37 EST 2015

We also don't use the acquisitions module.  We use the cataloguing one, and everything on order has a bib created and has the status "on order" in the catalogue.  Titles can be seen and holds can be placed on anything that allows holds.

But funds cannot be tracked.  We add all our ordered titles individually on Excel  for each fund and have both encumbered and spent on Excel sheets.  Once a title is received it is moved from encumbered to the spent side.   At the end of each month a statement is printed up for the month and also YTD.  Maintaining Excel is an extra step in the acquisitions process.

Judith

Judith Bouman, B.A., M.L.S.
Head, Adult and Technical Services,
North Bay Public Library (ONB),