[Evergreen-catalogers] Launchpads

Laurie Kulik lkulik at mvlc.org
Fri Sep 18 15:37:52 EDT 2015

Hi John,

I have heard of some being returned damaged but where they are new it's
debatable about manufacturer defect.

We have ours cataloged as Computer File for Type and then various circ
modifiers, since we're a 36 library consortium. One record I checked had
2 copies unset, 1 as Electronic Equipment, 1 as Playaway Audio and 1 as
Rental, so I am afraid the circ modifiers don't give a good indication
of what to choose as they do have various circulating checkouts.

Perhaps Equip : Electronic Equipment or Game : Video Game would be the
best fit for the circ modifier.

Laurie

On 9/18/2015 3:11 PM, jmundy at tcpclibrary.org wrote:

> I'm curious, what do you think of the new Playaway Launchpads?
>
> What type should they circulate as?   3d object? Computer File or
> projected medium?
>
> What circ modifier? Software: Gaming seems like a fit.
>
> Currently we chose 3d Object and software: gaming, though that limits
> it to one checkout per card.
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> Director