[Evergreen-catalogers] Authority control with batch import/export

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Fri Dec 2 15:08:10 EST 2016

Hi colleagues,

Is anybody using authority control and the batch import/export for
copy cataloging?  If so, would you be willing to share your workflow,
particularly if it includes any sorts of checks against your local
authorities?

Background: We use the Z39.50 client, and are able to check each
record individually to make sure that the correct authority records
are loaded in Evergreen, or if we need to create local authorities,
etc.

However, one of our consortial partners is interested in joining us on
our authority control adventure, but they primarily check over records
in OCLC Connexion, export them as a batch, and then import them
through MARC Batch Import/Export.  This doesn't give them a chance to
check over those authorized headings as compared with our local
authority file (i.e. just because a record validates in OCLC doesn't
mean it'll validate in our local system, and vice versa).  Does
anybody have a workflow that helps with this?

Thanks!

  -Jane

--
Jane Sandberg