[Evergreen-catalogers] Conjoined items

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Mon Jun 12 12:44:25 EDT 2017

I think the confusion is the name -- conjoined items. Rather than joining
multiple items, you are joining multiple bib records to one item/barcode.
Some ILSs call this functionality some version of "bound with".

One use is for when a library has bound titles together in house that were
published separately. They want to maintain the separate bib records but
they need one barcode for circulation since there is one physical item.

It also can be used for pre-loaded devices like Kindles, where you have a
number of separately published titles on the device with one barcode to
check out. You use the conjoined items to have a separate bib record for
each title and join them together on the one barcode.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service/PINES