[Evergreen-catalogers] Firefox Toolbar enhancements

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Tue May 23 08:34:18 EDT 2017

All,

Now that we are live on 2.12.1 I am starting to use the Evergreen Web
Client (Webby) to do production cataloging. My go-to browser is Firefox and
my plan is to use the Firefox Toolbar more than ever. It already has links
to 11 websites that I constantly use when cataloging. The problem is these
links already fill the toolbar from edge to edge. So ... now I am looking
for two things.

First, I want either a second toolbar for Webby screens, or, a way to wrap
the stock Firefox toolbar that will accommodate Webby screens, or, a way to
make all links appear on one line by displaying only the web-page icons.

Second, I also want to be able to program shortcut keys to activate
bookmarked pages. e.g. Esc instead of Ctrl w, Ctrl F1 Login, Ctrl F2 Browse
Title, Ctrl F3 Keyword search, Ctrl F4 TCN Search, Ctrl F5 TCN Search, Ctrl
F6 Z39.50 search ... You get the idea.

Does anyone have any recommendations for trusted Add-ons that can provide
this functionality?

Many Thanks!

Don

--