[Evergreen-catalogers] Load MARC Order Record

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Oct 19 13:05:56 EDT 2017

Hi Don,

> One question about the 2.12.6 release, is it supposed to included the
> full featured 3.0 Webby version? I'm asking because there seems to be
> some missing features that are described in the 3.0 documentation,
> that aren't showing up.

No, the features described in the 3.0 documentation are only available
in 3.0.

You can see everything available in 2.12.6 by looking at the 2.12
release notes -
https://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/release/RELEASE_NOTES_2_12.html.
You'll see that for each maintenance release (the releases where the
last number changes), there are a series of bug fixes that are noted.

For any given release, we don't add new features after hitting the beta
release. We only add bug fixes. This allows us the opportunity to
stabilize the release as it matures, given that any new feature has the
potential to introduce new bugs. This is why the large web client
features that were added to 3.0 (offline circulation and serials) were
not added to 2.12. On the other hand, there have been a series of web
client bug fixes added to Evergreen over time that were added to the
2.12 release series.

I hope this helps!
Kathy

Kathy Lussier