[Evergreen-catalogers] Web Client -- marking library for vol transfer

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu Sep 7 12:16:15 EDT 2017

I figured out all the steps ---  I'm transferring a vol from one record to
another and not within a record.

At target record, mark for volume transfer
In volume record to be transferred, choose library for transfer destination
At vol., choose record and library for transfer

This was a single vol with a single item attached. Will test transferring
multivols and vols with multiple items.

What I was testing was not only vol transfer but also what happens to a
parts label when it is assigned to the original record. There is a display
issue around that in the XUL client. I'm not seeing it here but I did have
to remove the label after transfer. That is probably going to need a bug
report. In this case it was obvious since I was transferring from a record
with volumes to a standalone record for that specific volume. In cases
where the records both have the same volume designations, it wouldn't be
obvious that the part was not associated with the target record.

Eaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service/PINES