[Evergreen-catalogers] Web Client- Record source on bib template screen

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Wed Sep 27 17:08:01 EDT 2017

Good discussion item, Janet!

I find the record source dropdown very helpful in the z39.50
import/overlay screens.  But I can't see our consortium finding it
very helpful when creating original MARC records in Evergreen; we'd
also want all of those to be "System Local".

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Janet Schrader <jschrader at cwmars.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm testing the web client REL 2.12 and notice that there's an option for
> selecting the record source from the drop-down menu when creating a new bib
> record.  In the xul client you can only see the record source when in MARC
> edit.  We have many record sources and would prefer that this menu was not
> available there. All records created in the current client get a default
> source of 'system local'. If for any reason a library wanted a different one
> they could edit the source in MARC edit.
>
> We could do a local customization and remove it on the create new MARC
> record screen. I'm just curious as to what other Evergreen catalogers think
> of the current web client behavior.
>

> Thanks,
> Janet
>
> --
> Janet Schrader
> BIbliographic Services Supervisor
> C/W MARS Inc.
> 67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201
> Worcester, MA
> tel: 508-755-3323 ext. 325
> fax: 508-757-7801

Jane Sandberg
Electronic Resources Librarian
Linn-Benton Community College
sandbej at linnbenton.edu / 541-917-4655
Pronouns: she/her/hers or they/them/theirs