[Evergreen-catalogers] Cataloging Interest Group Meeting

Jennifer Weston Jennifer.Weston at DavidsonCountyNC.gov
Wed Apr 11 14:52:25 EDT 2018

Hi Elaine,

I will be happy to take notes.

Galen Charlton, Jonathan Furr, and I will be leading a session that afternoon at 2:10 called “Cataloging, What’s Next?” - - so it will be great to the have the Interest Group meeting in the morning and to document what was discussed there before we start talking about the future.

Here is the description of our session:
Cataloging, What’s Next?
Now that Webby has been released, we inevitably want to ask, “What’s Next?”. Now is a good time for Evergreen catalogers to think about what the future looks like. Please join us for a discussion facilitated by catalogers and programmers about what Evergreen could do to better support common metadata management workflows, particularly in batch (beyond having a MARC editor and batch import capabilities). We will discuss current needs and potential future enhancements signified by changes to both RDA and the Library Reference Model (LRM). This is an opportunity for catalogers to have a voice in the ongoing assessment of how our data is serving us and our library communities.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Jennifer

Jennifer Weston
Davidson County Public Library