[Evergreen-catalogers] Fwd: Omnibus cataloging bug fixes and transferring items

Andrea Buntz Neiman abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed Aug 1 09:25:39 EDT 2018

Hi Janet,

The copy/item labeling inconsistency goes back a while -- see the
discussion on this LP ticket:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1538691, and I recall that XUL
had similar issues as well.  As far as I can tell (though someone please
correct if I'm wrong!) they can be considered synonymous, just not used
consistently.

As you noted the patch in cataloging omnibus didn't change options in Item
Status.  I'll look into this as it might've been an oversight.

The reduction in choices from holdings view was intended to clarify &
simplify the options, since there was a lot of feedback that this was
confusing and clunky.  If you've identified a use case for restoring one of
the options, or a way in which the process can be even further improved,
please file a follow up bug!  For the use case you mention, if I understand
you correctly, you should be able to mark the volume on the other record as
a transfer destination and then move the item -- this should update the
volume (call number) info but keep the library info the same.  If you
notice this is not the case, that would be another situation that would
warrant a follow up bug.

Thanks for your testing & feedback.

Andrea