[Evergreen-catalogers] Managing patron requests

Sylvia Orner sorner at albright.org
Thu Feb 8 09:22:45 EST 2018

Hi Laura,

We are currently using the patron request module to keep track of our requests, but we also use it in conjunction with EDI ordering and the acquisitions module so that the holds auto-generate as soon as the item is ordered.  As Scott mentioned, it’s got some issues, but it works for our purposes.  However, it works best if you are using it along with the rest of the acquisitions module.  If you’re just using it as a spreadsheet, you would probably be better off creating something in Excel because, as you mentioned, the patron requests are difficult to navigate and can get kind of clunky.

If have any specific questions or want to discuss the process more, please feel free to get in touch. I’m more than happy to share what we’ve been doing.

Thanks,

Sylvia Orner
Head of Technical Services
Scranton Public Library