[Evergreen-catalogers] Board games

Holly Brennan haderhold at ci.homer.ak.us
Wed Jul 25 15:41:27 EDT 2018

If you’re looking for legitimate cataloging this is not it (sorry, catalogers!) but this is what our staff did to wrangle games. They’re all under one record with call numbers used to provide the game title. Like I said, this is not real cataloging but it beat the “clipboard signout” method we were using before. All our games are for in-house use only and patrons can easily browse the shelf of games so we didn’t require the OPAC version of records to be very useful for searching. We just slapped a barcode on each game, added them as items under this record, and called it a day. It will depend on how strict you are cataloging whether this is useful to you.