[Evergreen-catalogers] Report: names that don't match our authority file

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Tue May 8 12:09:40 EDT 2018

Hi catalogers,

Here's the report of incorrect names in the catalog, along with some
instructions for finding the correct form of the name.

Let me know if you have any questions,

  -Jane

For APL:
  tcn   |             name
--------+-------------------------------
 348951 | Almodóvar, Pedro (1949-....)
 348951 | Banderas, Antonio (1960-....)
 348951 | Cruz, Penelope (1974-....)
 348951 | Iglesias, Alberto (1955-....)
 348951 | Roth, Cecilia (1956-....)

For Harrisburg:
  tcn   |                name
--------+-------------------------------------
 450280 | Twining, Frances (Staver) Mrs 1873-
 455187 | Zaczek, Iain 1869-
 457317 | Shahan Thomas Joseph bp 1857-
 459282 | Dickens, Charles 1884-

For LBCC:
  tcn   |                name
--------+------------------------------------
 252207 | Craven, Avery Odelle 1886-
 252841 | Hansen, Laura Bishop Varco 1896-
 252952 | Haeberlin, Hermann Karl 1890-
 253018 | Sisemore, Linsy C. 1869-
 253232 | Rudin, Harry Rudolph 1898-

For Lebanon:
  tcn   |                name
--------+------------------------------------
  12087 | Gregg, Jacob Ray 1871-
  29076 | Hamot, Alice Turnidge 1871-
  44752 | Montgomery, Richard Gill 1897-
 115233 | Clarke, Harry 1890-
 120967 | Moore, Harriet Louise Forest 1896-

For Scio:
  tcn   |              name
--------+---------------------------------
 470174 | Breck, Vivian 1895-
 473650 | Canon, LeGrand 1899-
 480287 | Cullum, Ridgwell 1867-
 494766 | Jillson, Willard Rouse 1890-
 494807 | Chappelear, George Warren 1889-

For SHPL:
  tcn   |                   name
--------+-------------------------------------------
 404228 | Nichols, Beverley 1899-
 406457 | Simons, Arthur John 1893-
 406617 | Wittrock, Gustav Ludwig 1895-
 408489 | Watson, E. Bradlee (Ernest Bradlee) 1879-
 418874 | Marsh, Ngaio 1899-

Instructions
-----------------
This report can help us identify problems and inconsistencies in the
1XX, 6XX, and 7XX fields.

1) Check for obvious errors, such as a typo or corrupted character
(e.g. Nesb©ı, Jo 1960-).  If you find an error like this, edit the
Evergreen MARC record to correct it.

2) Go to http://authorities.loc.gov and do a name search for the name.
Check to see if there is another form of the name that Library of
Congress uses.  This can mean:
* Library of Congress has a different birth or death date than we do
* Library of Congress uses initials/doesn’t use initials
* Library of Congress uses a nickname/doesn’t use a nickname
* The person has changed their name
* Our record is missing some subfields that the Library of Congress
has (e.g. $c)

If the Library of Congress has a different form of that name, edit the
Evergreen record to make it match.

3) Optional: if Library of Congress simply does not have a record for
this name, you can create one.  Procedures at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HhP0IRFqmhy0Y3DzhMLwv_bQecbEGBtOqm4keHA74U8/edit#heading=h.e7xexbw3gjwv

--
Jane Sandberg
Electronic Resources Librarian