[Evergreen-catalogers] Cataloging Working Group - Dec Meeting Notes/Recording

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 12:09:31 EST 2019

Hi Mary,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 11:53 AM Mary Llewellyn <mllewell at biblio.org> wrote:

> The advanced search piece is missing the box to exclude electronic
> resources in the search results. Is that deliberate or an oversight?

An oversight.  Thanks for pointing that out.

> The recent search list is helpful. I'm not sure I'm setting the search
> template correctly.

One thing that could be confusing with search templates is that they save
the search types, filters, etc., but not the searched value.  They're meant
to be the basis of new searches instead of a canned search.  I could
imagine expanding the feature to have two options, "Save as Template" and
"Save as Search", the latter storing the searched values in addition to the
filters, etc.

> I like that the Enhanced Marc Editor and the flat text editor live side by
> side on separate tabs.
> The undo/redo buttons in the Enhanced Marc Editor were fun to play with.
>
> I think this has turned into something I'll look forward to.

Glad to hear it!

Thanks for the feedback.

-b