[Evergreen-catalogers] 082 on Marc Bib

Sarah Childs sarahc at zionsvillelibrary.org
Wed Jan 9 16:44:04 EST 2019

You can change the Default Classification Scheme for your library to
Dewey.  It is in the Library Settings Editor. Then in the Holdings Editor,
you want to have Use Library Setting for the Creation Defaults. When you do
this, the 082 will be automatically pulled into the Call Number field in
the Holdings Editor. (It's lovely)

If you change this, you will also need to file a helpdesk ticket to have
ISL batch change the rest of your items so that they are set to Dewey as
well, because otherwise your new materials will sort differently than your
old materials in shelf browse.
.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 2:45 PM Elizabeth McCullough <
emccullough at fulco.lib.in.us> wrote:

> Is there any other way to have the 082 show up in the Record Summary
> screen other than copying and pasting it there. Some records to do not show
> an 082 in the "Call Number Label" field when adding a new item to the
> record. We have been having to go back to the marc edit screen to copy the
> 082 and put it in the Call Number Label field.
>
> Thank you,
> Liz
>
> --
> Liz McCullough, Cataloger
> Fulton County Public Library
> 320 W. 7th Street
> Rochester, IN 46975-1332
> Main: 574-223-2713
> Voice: 574-223-1005
> FAX: 574-223-5102
> email: emccullough at fulco.lib.in.us <agross at fulco.lib.in.us>
> http://www.fulco.lib.in.us
>
> Public Libraries are an Investment in your Community!
> Views expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the
> library.

Sarah Childs
Technical Services Department Head
Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library