[Evergreen-catalogers] OPAC display of 630

Chrisy Schroth Chrisy.Schroth at kentonlibrary.org
Tue Mar 19 16:40:15 EDT 2019

After the meeting I looked for a similar example and this is how it looks in our catalog as well. We have also been noticing that when we initially select a record, the subject headings are “all run together” like this , i.e., with no -- or > between the subfields.

[cid:image003.png at 01D4DE70.D3222240]

But, if I refresh this record the subjects revert to the correct format.
[cid:image008.png at 01D4DE70.7CD19380]
Related to this, for most records, when first selected in a search, they appear in the top format, and the order of the headings is reversed. If you refresh the record, they revert to the correct order, in addition to adding in the > between subfields. For instance, it would normally have the 600 as the last SH, and the 650s would be in reverse order of how they actually appear in the MARC. The two problems would seem be related, and in this example I have highlighting turned off, and it hasn’t made any difference to it doubling up on the 630 |a and |p.

Thanks and have a great day!
Chrisy

Chrisy Schroth
Assistant Cataloger/Serials Coordinator