[Evergreen-catalogers] OPAC display of 630

Donald Butterworth don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu
Wed Mar 20 08:30:27 EDT 2019

At Asbury Seminary I don't "think" we have a problem with all 630 fields
being accounted for in the Subject Browse index. We do have a problem with
separators, i.e. dashes "--"  It is my understanding that the standard
formatting of Bible and other uniform titles entries should appear to the
public with no separators appearing for the following subfields: a, d, e,
f, g, k, l, m, n, p, r, s. However separator dashes should be provided for
subfields: v, x, y, z  just as they should be provided in other 6XX
fields.  Example:

Bible. Philippians.
Bible. Philippians -- Bibliography.
Bible. Philippians -- Commentaries.
Bible. Philippians -- Concordances, Greek.
Bible. Philippians -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Bible. Philippians -- Criticism, interpretation, etc. -- Congresses.
Bible. Philippians -- Criticism, interpretation, etc. -- History -- Early
church, ca. 30-600.
Bible. Philippians -- Criticism, interpretation, etc. -- History -- Early
church, ca. 30-600 -- Sources.

Not sure why this isn't the standard, out-of-the-box formatting. But it
needs to be.

Don