[Evergreen-catalogers] Monograph Parts in the new Angular catalog

Carissa Malmgren CMalmgren at roanoketexas.com
Mon Oct 14 16:49:14 EDT 2019

Hi all,

During the last CWG meeting, we got an awesome preview of the Angular staff catalog and discovered that monograph parts aren't yet fully implemented. I said I'd create a bug report for this, but (since this is my first bug report) wanted to solicit some input before doing so. Does this work for a bug report? Is it a good/appropriate way to start this discussion?

Monograph Parts Display/Description

Currently (3.2.3), bib items with monograph parts are described in search results as having so many "copies" available. This makes it sound like a library has 12 copies of Futurama: The Complete Series available (rather than 12 parts of one copy available), and has been confusing for patrons and staff.

Since monograph parts aren't yet addressed at all in the new Angular catalog, I'm hoping this means we can implement/display/describe them more clearly.

Can bib items with monograph parts be described as having "parts" (instead of "copies") available?

i.e.:
Current:
Futurama: the complete series (12 of 12 copies available)

Proposed:
Futurama: the complete series (12 of 12 parts available)

I'll attach screenshots to better illustrate what I mean.

Thanks!

Carissa Malmgren
Cataloger
Roanoke Public Library