[Evergreen-catalogers] Help with importing items and not keeping holdings field (945 or 949)

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Thu Apr 23 15:07:52 EDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

Hoping everyone is doing okay, pretty scary out there.

I have a question on how to import records with holdings in a 945 field but
not keep the 945 in the record. I looked at documentation on the EG wiki
and what's there is something I have done before but can't figure out how
to do it now. It says there's a box in the holdings import profile to check
if you want to *keep* the holdings tag. The screenshots I found don't go
down far enough to show that.

I used to load records for an OCLC member library that added holdings with
a 949 field that was removed when the bib record loaded. I'm now loading
items for an academic library that left our system and is now returning.
Around 40% of the records are not matching on existing ones as this was the
only owning library and they were deleted when the library left last year.
I want to get the records back but without the 945 field. When I go to
create a new holdings import profile there is no checkbox for 'keep'.

Thanks for any help.

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801