[Evergreen-catalogers] Now you see it now you don't , and , seeing double

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Fri Mar 6 12:35:47 EST 2020

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday to those who like spring! Me, I'm still waiting for winter.  :(

Last week I asked about displaying the statement of responsibility and got
code from Bibliomation and NOBLE. Jason is reviewing them. He did install
Mary's code on our training server and it had the result I wanted but we
have highlighting turned off due to bugginess and he wants that fixed
before we add either SOR fix to production. I guess there's something in
the bug fixes that relates to highlighting.  Is there something I can pass
on that can convince him to add one of the fixes, keeping highlighting
disabled.

This week the "now  you see it now you don't" refers to the display of
multiple 505 fields. I think it's this bug, LP# 1767416
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1767416> and it appears NOBLE
has installed a fix. How is that working because I want that!? I also want
the "Read more"/"Read less" but that's another story.

This is what we have:
[image: image.png]

This is the MARC record. You can see we are missing 3 of the 4 contents
notes.
[image: image.png]

Seeing double: The 546 language note field is displaying twice; once as a
language note and once as a general note. This appears in all EG catalogs I
looked at. Is this a bug already, or should I report one?
[image: image.png]

Next week more OPAC or on to editing authority records (Jackie Chan
anyone?). Depends on what's happening here.

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801

jschrader at cwmars.org  ||  http;//cwmars.org <http://www.cwmars.org/>