[Evergreen-catalogers] Help with importing items and not keeping holdings field (945 or 949)

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Thu May 7 17:30:34 EDT 2020

Hi Sarah,

I tried in merge/overlay profiles saying to remove the 945 field but that
didn't work.

When I go to Server admin>MARC import remove fields, it strips out the 945
but doesn't create an item.  Our Acquisitions records come in with the
fields that create the holdings so we are not removing fields when
importing order records.

The files also have 852 fields I need to remove so the MARC import remove
fields would work for that but not the others. In addition to the 945 and
852 fields the records also have the $0 added to headings as these were
records we owned and they are coming back with the authority linking
subfields which will no longer be linked as the bib numbers are changing.
So, I need to remove those subfields too. It looks like MARCedit can do all
this and I can load the "edited" overlays as time permits. I will
probably strip out the 852 fields when loading, as there are 852 fields for
other libraries becaise the records were in a shared database. I forgot to
tell the company that did the data conversion to strip out the 852 fields.
I wasn't expecting to have so many non-matches, it's only been nine months
since this library left us only to return this spring. Apparently they were
the only college to have 40% of the records and our system automatically
deleted records with no holdings.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.  This is actually a good project
that can be done remotely.

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801

jschrader at cwmars.org  ||  http;//cwmars.org <http://www.cwmars.org/>