[Evergreen-catalogers] Batch editing the 008

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Wed Oct 28 12:57:24 EDT 2020

Hi Kate,

I can't answer about batch editing in Evergreen, but I've been using
MARCedit to batch edit records to add or correct data in the 008 and 007
fields as well as main and added entries and subject headings. The editing
part is so easy that the inconvenience of export and import can be
overlooked. I can also load sample records to make sure my edit(s) work.
I have more issues with the limitations of Vandelay than with using
MARCedit for changes as we try to limit file size for record loads to 1,000
at a time.

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801

jschrader at cwmars.org  ||  http;//cwmars.org <http://www.cwmars.org/>