[Evergreen-catalogers] Bug or feature? Transferring items functionality

Mary Llewellyn mllewell at biblio.org
Mon Sep 28 11:19:27 EDT 2020

Hi all,

Feature  +1

One step transferring of several items owned by several libraries has made
my life much easier. And I think my libraries will be able to manage
transferring items much easier, too, without having to think ahead about
what level (library, call number?) has to be marked as a target destination.

Mary

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 11:08 AM Elaine Hardy <ehardy at georgialibraries.org>
wrote:

> Please take a look at https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1897321.
>
> Transferring items appears to function in the same manner as transferring
> call number/volumes. Mary and I have tested a few scenarios and outlined
> how the transfer works for them. I think it would be a good idea for others
> to test as many scenarios as possible to see if this is a bug and item
> transfer needs to be totally distinct from call number volume, or it is a
> feature that needs to be tweaked a wee bit for better functionality.
>
> We can discuss here how we would like transferring to function and
> summarize on the ticket.
>

> Elaine
>
> J. Elaine Hardy, PINES and Collaborative Projects Manager
> ------------------------------
>
> Georgia Public Library Service
>
> 2872 Woodcock Blvd., Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341
>
> (404) 235-7128 | ehardy at georgialibraries.org
>
> (404) 548-4241 | Cell
>
> <https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
> <https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
> <https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>

> stories of Georgia libraries making an impact in our communities.

Mary Llewellyn
Database Manager
Bibliomation, Inc.
24 Wooster Ave.