[Evergreen-catalogers] Loading items with Parts!

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Fri Jul 9 17:03:53 EDT 2021

I think only catalogers will understand how excited I am about what I just
did and it's not easy to ✋ a cat.

As you know, CWMARS is very much about Parts and today I figured out it's
possible to do an item load and create item records with PARTS for the bib
record at the same time.  Cue the fireworks and chocolate!  How did I not
know this before??  I thought loading our stat cats was a miracle and now
an even greater one. We could batch update stat cats but not Parts. Loading
items that create monograph parts is miraculous, even more so than the sun
which is finally shining after four days of rain.

🎆🎇🎉🎇🎊🎇🍾

Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801