[Evergreen-catalogers] Cataloger training

Wanangwa Hartwell whartwell at polklibrary.org
Wed Jul 28 13:31:54 EDT 2021

I know I'm biased, but NC Cardinal provides training slides and videos for
both item and bibliographic catalogers on our knowledge books page.
https://nccardinalsupport.org/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=3

*Wanangwa Hartwell*
Technical Services Librarian
Polk County Public Libraries

1289 West Mills Street
Columbus, NC 28722
whartwell at polklibrary.org
828-894-8721, ext. 280

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 11:47 AM Seymour MO Community Library via
Evergreen-catalogers <evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> We went through the Idaho ABLE program, which helped, but having never
> done this before, we need more.
> *Joyce Simmons*
> *Library Director*
> *Seymour Community Library*
> *320 E Clinton Ave*
> *Seymour, Missouri 65746*
>
> *READERS are LEADERS!*
>
> 417-935-4193
>

> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 2:41 PM Beth Longwell via Evergreen-catalogers <
> evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:
>
>> Evergreen cataloging community,
>>
>> I'm seeking resources and ideas for cataloger training. Not only do we
>> need on-going, on-demand training for using the Evergreen cataloging module
>> but we need to train never-before catalogers on the basics of MARC and RDA.
>> We have three levels of cataloging permissions and before a cataloger can
>> add bib records to the system via z39.50 or batch load they have to receive
>> training.
>>
>> In the past we've provided some funding for catalogers to take a class
>> but would love to have something available locally that could be used
>> whenever the need arose. What have your libraries done to provide MARC/RDA
>> training? I know that ideally we could create a repertoire of short videos
>> and assignments, but so far time has been a factor. If someone has already
>> done this and is willing to share that would be wonderful. We also may be
>> able to allocate some funds to purchase training modules if they match our
>> needs.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Beth Ross
>> Systems Manager
>> Sage Library System

The content of this message and all attachments
may be subject to NC
Public Record Law and may be disclosed to third
parties.  If you are not
the intended recipient of this message, contact
the sender immediately and
delete the message from your files.