[Evergreen-catalogers] Question on statistics or protocols for bib record cleanup

Janet Schrader jschrader at cwmars.org
Fri Mar 5 15:44:54 EST 2021

Hi Everyone,

Not an Evergreen question per se.  I'm asking if any networks have
established monthly protocols for bib record cleanup. Currently we are
doing overlays of order records and database maintenance as
requested/reported by member libraries.

Does anyone have a set schedule or quota on record cleanup. I am trying to
avoid setting a quota like doing xxx number of overlays per month.

We do authority control quarterly because of issues we encountered when we
first migrated to EG about getting the record back in and linked. I'd like
to change that to monthly. And here I'm going to admit that no one has the
time to review the 'close matches' or records not loaded because they have
local edits.

Thanks,
Janet

Janet Schrader

Bibliographic Services Supervisor | CW MARS

67 Millbrook Street, Suite 201, Worcester, MA 01606

P: 508-755-3323 x 325 | F: 508-757-7801