[Evergreen-catalogers] Angular catalog and preferred library counts in search results

Thomsen, Elizabeth et at noblenet.org
Wed Mar 10 00:14:42 EST 2021

I'm hoping we can add a little heat to this Launchpad bug submitted by
Elaine in January, that I think needs more attention.

In the Angular staff catalog, if you do a search scoped to the system or
branch catalog, the search results show item counts for the consortium,
system and branch (depending on the level of the search) just like the old
staff catalog did.  See searchresults1.png, searching scoped to BR1.

But if you search at the consortium level, you only see the item counts for
the consortium, not the consortium and preferred library.  See
searchresults2.png, scoped to the CONS level with a preferred library set
to BR1.

This is a real inconvenience since we no longer have a way to scan through
a list of all the matching bibs in the consortium, seeing which you own.
This affects our catalogers the most, because they generally have their
catalog preferences set to search at the consortium level, since much of
their work is looking up titles to see if there's a matching record in the
database or they need to add one, or if perhaps their library already has
an item attached to one of the records.  (In the old staff catalog, they
could not only see the item counts for the consortium and their own library
in the search results, they could also click on More Details to see more
information about the first few attached items, including the location,
call number and status -- but that's a separate issue.)

If this is really a settings issue or there are workarounds, I'd be
interested to know more!

--
Elizabeth B. Thomsen
Member Services Manager