[Evergreen-catalogers] should we spend money on authority control?

Sharon Douglas douglass at gsuite.larl.org
Tue Oct 26 16:22:45 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

It's been over 10 years since we last had authority control work done
on our database.
I'm not sure it's worth spending money on doing it again.
Wondering how many public libraries out there have this done once in a
while, and/or keep up with it?

We are on version 3.3.4, will probably move to 3.7 early next year.

Can't decide what value we would get out of spending $13,000 when it
appears only the browsing function utilizes authority files.

Seriously interested in others opinions!

Sharon Douglas
Automation Coordinator
douglass at gsuite.larl.org
218-233-3757 ext. 138

Lake Agassiz Regional Library | www.larl.org
118 5th Street South
Moorhead, MN 56560
Celebrating 60 Years of Service in 2021!