[Evergreen-catalogers] Display problem in OPAC when 856 has a $n

Janet Schrader jack.and.harry.the.penguins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:24:08 EDT 2022

Hi Elaine,

I saw your comment on LP Bug 1966995 that 856 $n is not valid. Did you try
adding a different invalid subfield to see if that also prevented $u and $z
from displaying?

I logged into a test server and tried to add a URL to a record to see how
the display worked but couldn't get any OPAC link to display. My record is
on terran-master.gapines.org TCN 265. I don't have OCLC access right now so
I imported from LC and added my own 856 field. It is a real one for a
different EBSCO ebook.

I also looked at Bug 1350827. This must be fixed because CWMARS has URLs
that have both $3 and $z. I've been adding them for years. In the beginning
Kathy Lussier said we had to use $y instead of $z, but that changed and all
our Overdrive came to use with $z and I added the $3 to display the vendor
as a note.

I thought I'd look to see if there were any old bugs I could test to see if
they were still valid. There doesn't seem to be that many cataloging
functions to test in the bug squashing week spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Janet