[Evergreen-catalogers] Testing needed for LP1980409 & LP1821950

Terran McCanna tmccanna at georgialibraries.org
Fri Aug 19 14:34:21 EDT 2022

Dear Catalogers,

The New Developers Working Group has made a valiant effort to tackle these
two related bugs:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1980409 (Angular)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1821950 (AngularJS)

Some libraries prefer to use a predefined Prefix for some or all of their
materials rather than a Call Number Label. For instance, if you have an
"EZ" board book collection, it may be much easier to just select the Prefix
from the dropdown list and move on. (Caveat: I am not a cataloger, so this
is only my understanding of one use case.)

So, we have put together a fix for this based on a new Library Setting
called "Require call number labels in Copy Editor." When that setting is
set to True (and it should default to True during an upgrade or new
Evergreen installation), the call number label should always be required.
When set to False, the call number label can be empty.

The Angular version takes it a step further and requires that a prefix be
selected if a call number label is blank. (Have we made the correct
assumption here?)

We have put this up on a test server with Concerto data at
https://terran-master.gapines.org/eg/staff (admin / demo123) for testing.
"Require call number labels in Copy Editor" is currently set to True at
CONS level, but to False for BR1 workstations.

Looking forward to seeing how it goes!
Terran

Terran McCanna, PINES Program Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service | University System of Georgia

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 l Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7138 | tmccanna at georgialibraries.org

http://help.georgialibraries.org | help at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

Join our email list <http://georgialibraries.org> for stories of Georgia
libraries making an impact in our communities.