[Evergreen-catalogers] Copy record checkouts

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Wed Jun 15 11:15:46 EDT 2022

Hi Don,

For one-at-a-time lookup, the total lifetime circulation count for an item,
given the item's internal item ID, can be retrieved via the
open-ils.circ.circulation.count API method.

As a concrete example, if the item of interest has an internal ID of
123456, the following request

https://EVERGREEN_SERVERS//osrf-gateway-v1?service=open-ils.circ&method=open-ils.circ.circulation.count&param=123456

will return a response of something like this:

{"payload":[{"total":{"when":"total","count":"41"}}],"status":200}

The count includes renewals.

If the application has the item barcode but not the item's internal ID,
that internal ID can be retrieved via this API call:

https://EVERGREEN_SERVERS/osrf-gateway-v1?service=open-ils.pcrud&method=open-ils.pcrud.id_list.acp&param=%22ANONYMOUS%22&param={%22barcode%22:%22
THE_BARCODE_VALUE%22}

This will return something like this:

{"payload":[13492008],"status":200}

Regards,

Galen

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 10:14 AM Donald Butterworth via
Evergreen-catalogers <evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a technical question from a programmer who is trying to find a way
> to pull checkout data for us. The question is above my head, so I will pass
> back to him all above my head responses.
>
> "Is the total number of checkouts, for a copy/item, available through any
> of the APIs such as opensearch, unapi, etc?   If so, an example would be
> appreciated."
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Don
>
> --
> Don Butterworth
> Director of Strategic Collections Services /
> Faculty Associate
> B.L. Fisher Library
> Asbury Theological Seminary
> don.butterworth at asburyseminary.edu