[Evergreen-catalogers] Cataloging topics for EIOC 2024

Johnathon Redmon jredmon at monticello.lib.in.us
Mon Dec 4 09:20:18 EST 2023

   - History and future of cataloging
   - Upgrading AACR2 records to RDA
   - How to use RDA toolkits
   - circ modifiers explained
   - cataloging jargon/vocabulary
   - cataloging electronics such as wifi hotspots, gaming consoles, laptops
   etc.
   - Deciding what subject/genre headings to use
   - Finding authorized headings for authors/creators
   - Series info, especially when series crossover or its multiple series
   within a series like Percy Jackson
   - Cataloging box sets of books/DVDs

On Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 8:20 AM Kate Coleman via Evergreen-catalogers <
evergreen-catalogers at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> Hello catalogers! We would love to hear from all of you some ideas of
> cataloging presentations that you'd like to see at EIOC 2024. Is there a
> topic you'd like a refresher on? Is there a process that gives you trouble?
> Is there a workflow you'd like to hear more about, or a feature you'd like
> to learn more in-depth? Please share here and Jennifer Weston, our
> wonderful Evergreen Cataloging Interest Group facilitator, will be putting
> all the ideas into a shareable document next week. Then hopefully we'll get
> a few presenters to help us with your great ideas!
>
> If you are a presenter that has already submitted your proposal, that's
> great! If you see a duplication of your presentation on our list, just let
> us know.
>
> Let's get those ideas flowing!

Johnathon Redmon
Technical Services Cataloging Clerk
Monticello Union-Township Public Library
321 W. Broadway St.
Monticello, IN 47960