[Evergreen-catalogers] Vox books and their icons

Kathryn Riedener kriedener at owwl.org
Thu Feb 9 12:34:57 EST 2023

Hi all,

How are people adding audio-enabled books (VOX or Wonder books) to get them to generate an appropriate Evergreen icon?

I have found that if I load them as a book (with all the requisite 006 and 007 fields), Evergreen generates a e-book icon. People then expect this title to be digital rather than physical.

I have manipulated (or slaughtered) the MARC record in order to get a better-fitting Preloaded Audio icon to display, but that really goes against my cataloger's grain.

I look forward to hearing how you're all handling these newer-technology items.

Kathryn

Kathryn Riedener
Collection and Resource Coordinator
OWWL Library System