[Evergreen-catalogers] Batch edit adding a 500 note

Tricia Everaert teveraert at nflibrary.ca
Wed Jul 5 11:02:15 EDT 2023

Greetings, cataloguers!
We're wanting to add a 500 note to a large number of bibs, and the batch
edit feature seems like the perfect way to do it.  We have everything in
buckets ready to go, but when we tested the process, we noticed that our
note is appending to a preexisting 500 if there already is one.  This is
what we're doing:

[image: image.png]

And this is what we're getting:
[image: image.png]

Is it possible to add our NFPL Indigenous Collection phrase as a separate
500 note using the batch editor?

Thanks for your suggestions,

t.

*Tricia Everaert*
Collections and Digital Asset Technician
Information Resources & Connections
*Niagara Falls Public Library*
4848 Victoria Avenue, Niagara Falls, ON  L2E 4C5
Tel 905-356-8080 x 251 teveraert at nflibrary.ca

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any accompanying document(s)
are confidential and may be privileged. They are intended for the sole use
of the addressee. If you receive this transmission in error, you are
advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any
action in reliance upon the communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately contact or
inform the sender by return e-mail or by telephone at 905-356-8080 x248 and
delete this e-mail message and all copies. Due to the inherent risks
associated with the Internet, we assume no responsibility for unauthorized
interception of any Internet communication with you or the transmission of
computer viruses.

--
The Niagara Falls Public Library promotes work-life balance and the right
for its employees to disconnect outside of work hours. Please do not feel