[Evergreen-dev] Next Dev Meeting Rescheduled - Also Topics to Consider

Jason Boyer jboyer at equinoxinitiative.org
Wed Oct 7 11:10:44 EDT 2020

Hi! If you weren’t able to make it to the last dev meeting* you might have missed that we have rescheduled the next meeting from 2020-11-03 to 2020-11-10**. Additionally, we have some Old Business topics that need to be addressed and will benefit from some time to consider to test so I wanted to send this very early reminder. I’ll send another reminder closer to the meeting but feel free to add agenda items as you see fit.

If you’re able to test PostgreSQL 10+ (may as well aim for 12 at this point) with production sized data that would be helpful. The EOL for 9.6 is 2020-11-11 and while support for 10+ is present there have been reports of performance issues. More data and patches to help address any bottlenecks would be a huge help.

We need to finalize support for Ubuntu 20.04*** It appears that OpenSRF may be functional as-is but there are known issues with Python support.

Related to the above, we need to upgrade the OpenSRF libraries to Python 3**** and possibly find a replacement for some dependencies along the way.

Any help you can provide is always appreciated. We have been a quiet community for a little while but we are still a great one.

Jason

* October 2020 Meeting Minutes: http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2020/evergreen.2020-10-06-15.01.log.html
** November 2020 Meeting Agenda: https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:meetings:2020-11-10
*** Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa support: https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensrf/+bug/1875544