[Evergreen-dev] Upcoming Point/Security Release

Chris Sharp csharp at georgialibraries.org
Mon Feb 1 10:07:34 EST 2021

+1

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 4:53 PM Jason Boyer <jboyer at equinoxinitiative.org>
wrote:

> I’m ok with this proposed schedule.
>
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason Boyer
> Senior System Administrator
> Equinox Open Library Initiative
> phone:  +1 (877) Open-ILS (673-6457)
> email:  JBoyer at EquinoxInitiative.org
> web:  https://EquinoxInitiative.org/
>
> > On Jan 28, 2021, at 1:55 PM, Jason Stephenson <jason at sigio.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, all.
> >
> > Postponing this month's security releases was suggested last Friday in
> > IRC: http://irc.evergreen-ils.org/evergreen/2021-01-22#i_472034
> >
> > The dates of 2021-02-03 and 2021-02-10 were suggested.  The reason for
> > postponement was to get more signed off bug patches into the code.
> >
> > Looking at the calendar it seems that Wednesday the 3rd is too soon, and
> > the tenth is smack in the middle of the 3.7 Feedback Fest.
> >
> > The 17th is the scheduled date for the regular monthly point releases.
> >
> > I'm proposing that we skip a release and wait until February 17 to do a
> > combined security and point release.
> >
> > I also propose that we have a commit moratorium to the master repos
> > beginning at 1200 PM EST (17:00 UTC) on Tuesday, February 16 to last
> > until the same time on Thursday, February 18.  The moratorium is
> > required to coordinate the simultaneous release of the security patches.
> >
> > We may need to revisit the moratorium time frame depending upon how much
> > assistance there is for release coordination.
> >
> > Please, share any thoughts, objections, or other ideas on list.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jaosn

Chris Sharp, PINES System Administrator

​Georgia Public Library Service

​2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 | ​Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7147 | csharp at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>

of Georgia libraries making an impact in our communities.