[Evergreen-dev] Ten old bugs

Jane Sandberg sandbej at linnbenton.edu
Tue Jan 5 19:09:01 EST 2021

 Hello,

In today's dev meeting, I volunteered to compile a list of 10 very old bugs
that we should get moving again.  Thanks to Mike Risher for several of the
entries, and Michele Morgan for your lists of ten bugs that provided the
inspiration!  I've separated the bugs out according to what has been
blocking them for so many months/years -- hopefully there's something for
everyone!  :-D

Need to decide on an approach to fixing the bug

   -

   TPAC: Copy status and other attributes are not translated
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1055704>

Need to see if they are still valid

   -

   MARC Batch Edit UI <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1019382> -
   a usability/performance issue.  Maybe it has been improved in the new MARC
   Batch Edit UI?
   -

   Inspect Queue - data displays in wrong columns
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/998186>  - a very old bug in
   MARC Batch Import/Export.  I strongly suspect that it no longer affects
   Evergreen, but it’s definitely worth a look.

Need some automated testing

   -

   Deposit refunds not applying as expected on item check in
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1170795> - provides a setting
   which, when enabled, automatically refunds patrons’ deposits when they
   return an item with a deposit.  Currently, staff have to do this manually.
   All it needs is a perl live test that assures us that patrons do get this
   money back as expected.

Needs some usability feedback or design work

   -

   Circ, Hold Matrix Weights interface especially difficult to use
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/998080> - It’s a confusing
   but powerful interface.  It would be helpful to have some documentation in
   this interface to help guide users, as well as some other usability
   improvements.
   -

   Angular grids: interval columns are not filterable
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1848579> - two approaches
   listed to address this usability issue; which one would be preferable?
   -

   Auto suggest causes significant accessibility issues for using basic
   search in some browsers
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1187993> - in fact, auto
   suggest has had some significant usability issues for everyone, and has
   stopped working for a lot of sites -- it would be great to have som

Need testing and a signoff

   -

   MARC21slim2MADS.xsl error processing 755 source
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1800871> - Don’t let the MARC
   and authority lingo scare you off!  This bug concerns a buggy XSLT
   stylesheet used in processing authority records for genre headings.  It
   prevented at least one Evergreen installation from completing an upgrade.
   -

   Angular Local Admin Search Filter Groups Port
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1844169> - an exciting new
   Angular interface that would be great for 3.7.  Some of it has already been
   reviewed and signed off, but there is some new functionality to look at too.
   -

   Angular: Local Admin Circulation Limit Set Port
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1847519> - another new
   Angular interface -- let’s get some feedback and get it into 3.7!
   -

   Add Czech Records to Sample Data
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1700818> - some more great
   sample data for Evergreen