[Evergreen-dev] Upcoming Point/Security Release

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Thu Jan 28 13:55:32 EST 2021

Hi, all.

Postponing this month's security releases was suggested last Friday in
IRC: http://irc.evergreen-ils.org/evergreen/2021-01-22#i_472034

The dates of 2021-02-03 and 2021-02-10 were suggested.  The reason for
postponement was to get more signed off bug patches into the code.

Looking at the calendar it seems that Wednesday the 3rd is too soon, and
the tenth is smack in the middle of the 3.7 Feedback Fest.

The 17th is the scheduled date for the regular monthly point releases.

I'm proposing that we skip a release and wait until February 17 to do a
combined security and point release.

I also propose that we have a commit moratorium to the master repos
beginning at 1200 PM EST (17:00 UTC) on Tuesday, February 16 to last
until the same time on Thursday, February 18.  The moratorium is
required to coordinate the simultaneous release of the security patches.

We may need to revisit the moratorium time frame depending upon how much
assistance there is for release coordination.

Please, share any thoughts, objections, or other ideas on list.

Cheers,
Jaosn