[Evergreen-dev] Upgraded to 3.9.0 and logins are no longer working

Jeffrey G jdgoettsch at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 2 20:50:37 EDT 2022

I upgraded from 3.7.2 to 3.9.0 today.

I stopped all services, followed the install instructions for 3.9.0,
then ran the 3.7.1-3.8.0-upgrade-db.sql and 3.8.0-3.9.0-upgrade-db.sql
scripts, then restarted all services.

I tried to login through srfsh, which failed, so I rebooted and tried
again; it still continues to fail with:

  Received Data: {
    "ilsevent":1000,
    "textcode":"LOGIN_FAILED",
    "desc":"User login failed",
    "pid":7392,
    "stacktrace":"oils_auth.c:733"
  }

Web logins are failing as well.

The results from settings-tester.pl appear OK to me.

I've created a GitHub gist some more output, both .conf files, and the
log files here:

  https://gist.github.com/jdgoettsch/cf20ed49ddca577564b5153a688c7983

Any ideas where things went wrong? Any help is appreciated.

--
Jeff Goettsch
Agricultural and Resource Economics