[Evergreen-dev] Hold Pickup Lockers

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Wed May 25 10:15:07 EDT 2022

I've seen some chatter on the general list about hold lockers.

Here at GRPL, we've been working with a locker from Meridian
(https://www.meridiankiosks.com/). I think we've just scratched the
surface of what's possible, but using the STOMP protocol for the door
actuators, we've successfully written some prototype code that uses
OpenSRF instead of SIP2 for checkin/checkout. Running some local
services on the included Windows PC, we can manage the locker doors and
barcode scanner in a simple Web browser. On the staff end, the
possibilities seem nearly endless.

Having used a locker from another vendor and considering a different
vendor, which also uses SIP2, we just wanted something better.

I was just curious if anyone else was working down this road?

--
*Bill Ott*
/Information Systems Manager/
bott at grpl.org