[Evergreen-dev] Changing branch name "master" to "main" at the conference

Jeff Davis jeff.davis at bc.libraries.coop
Tue Nov 1 20:06:43 EDT 2022

I think we should reduce the friction for new contributions as much as
possible, and it seems to me that "main" will cause the fewest headaches
for new developers.  It's the branch name that people are starting to
expect now that Github and others have made the change.  I don't really
see a compelling reason not to use "main" at this point.

Jeff