[Evergreen-dev] Git Master Branch Renaming

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Sat Apr 29 10:58:01 EDT 2023

Hello, all.

On June 1 "master" branches in the public Evergreen repositories will be
renamed to "main."  The June 1 date avoids disruption with the Bug
Squashing week (May 8 through May 12) and the Evergreen 3.11 Release
scheduled for May 25.

Once the change has been made, you can update your local repositories by
running the following commands:

     git fetch --all
     git checkout -b main origin/main
     git branch -d master

The above assumes that your primary remote repository is named "origin."
  If the main Evergreen git repository has a different name in your
local repository, substitute that name for "origin" in the above example.

I you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me
directly or send a message to the list.

Cheers,
Jason Stephenson