[Evergreen-dev] Struggling with title sorting

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Fri Feb 3 14:15:32 EST 2023

The nonfiling indicators are correct : "Diacritical marks or special
characters at the beginning of a title field that does not begin with an
initial article are not counted as nonfiling characters." (
https://www.oclc.org/bibformats/en/2xx/245.html)
Is a space added before any coding for diacritics in an mvr record? Or is
the space in the MARC bib record?

J. Elaine Hardy, PINES and Collaborative Projects Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service

2872 Woodcock Blvd., Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7128 | ehardy at georgialibraries.org

(404) 548-4241 | Cell

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>

of Georgia libraries making an impact in our communities.

It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live
near him. *— J.R.R. Tolkien*