[Evergreen-dev] Angular 15 + Bootstrap 5 testing

Stephanie Leary stephanie.leary at equinoxoli.org
Mon Mar 6 11:24:59 EST 2023

 Good morning! Work on the Angular 15 + Bootstrap 5 upgrade branch (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/2000482) is progressing, and we
need more help to find places where the layout is broken as a result of the
Bootstrap changes. (This update affects only the Angular screens, not the
older AngularJS or Dojo interfaces.)

Since this branch does not play well with others, Jason Boyer has set it up
on its own test server:
https://festivus.evergreencatalog.com/eg2/en-US/staff/
login: admin / demo123

Most of the layout issues have to do with forms or Popper. Common problems:
* inline forms misaligned or vertically stacked
* input groups with doubled borders and padding on the text
* margins and padding on tooltips, dropdowns, and context menus

These are easy to fix, but we need help finding them all.

Rather than drown the Launchpad ticket with minor layout issues, I've
created a spreadsheet to track them:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NFx09zghDW_sGcbPnM8iED0_7S2XyISwCnWNuOMhLK4/edit?usp=sharing

The second tab there shows the classes that have changed in Bootstrap, with
links to the documentation and migration guides.

If you have some time this week to poke around your favorite module and
report anything that looks broken on the spreadsheet, we would greatly
appreciate your help!

Stephanie Leary
Front End Developer
Equinox Open Library Initiative