[Evergreen-dev] Proposal: March releases

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Tue Mar 14 15:02:21 EDT 2023

Hi,

I would like to ensure that we do maintenance releases this month, and to
that end, propose the following timeline:

- end of business on Monday, 20 March - cutoff for pushing bugfixes to
rel_3_10, rel_3_9, and rel_3_8

Note that I ask that committers do not treat the cut-off as a reason to
attempt to squeeze in lots of commits,; rather, please focus on
high-priority bugs and things that have very low risk of destabilizing the
branches.

- On 22 March: finalize release notes and start building tarballs
- On 23 March: testing of tarballs and general release

At this time I would like to ask for volunteers to assist with

- drafting the release notes
- building tarballs
- testing tarballs.

As a heads-up, I do anticipate that there will be some security bugfixes in
these releases; I'll coordinate that with the rest of the security team.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton