[Evergreen-dev] Time to deprecate "authoritative" APIs?

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 10:10:14 EDT 2023

On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 5:28 PM Blake Henderson via Evergreen-dev <
evergreen-dev at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> Bill,
>
> That is interesting. I can put in my two cents to say: we do not use a
> database scenario other than the primary/secondary replication scenario.
> Where primary is a single machine and receives updates. The secondary is
> configured in read-only streaming replication. All of the bricks are
> configured to talk to primary IP/hostname. It would seem that this patch
> could bring about a speedup for us with no downside, unless I'm mistaken.

Right, if your bricks read/write from/to a single database, then the
authoritative functionality is not helping.  I'm not sure how it will
impact speed, but fewer API calls and less back-end processing seems like a
win, regardless.

-b