[Evergreen-dev] Git Repositories to Drop?

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Fri May 5 13:20:03 EDT 2023

Hi,

On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 10:47 AM Jason Stephenson via Evergreen-dev <
evergreen-dev at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:
> Right now, there are just two of us who actively maintain the gitolite
> infrastructure for Evergreen.  I don't think it is normally a big time
> sink.  Galen may disagree.  In preparation for some changes that we plan
> to make regarding default branch names, I've been experimenting with a
> near clone of the community setup on a local virtual machine.  I used
> the latest version of gitolite and this has exposed some issues in our
> configuration, etc.  I think we should upgrade our gitolite
> infrastructure at some point in the near future unless we do decide to
> move our hosting elsewhere.

Yeah, I don't think it's particularly onerous.

Regardless of any long-term decisions about Git hosting, I agree that we
may as well update the current Gitolite server. Thanks, Jason, for doing
the testing of the latest version.

Regards,

Galen
--