[Evergreen-dev] Updates on translations

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Mon May 8 02:31:00 EDT 2023

Hi Galen,

I don't think I can add more to the Evergreen translation tool
considerations at this point:

Although I have quite positive experiences with Transifex, which I used for
Zotero translation, Transifex is a proprietary tool and therefore, in my
opinion, not very suitable for the Evergreen project.

The second tool I had in mind was Poedit. But that's only a
translation editor.

While working on my dissertation, I dealt with the Koha Translation
Project, which uses Pootle. In terms of translations, Pootle seems usable
to me. However, I am not fully capable of evaluating him, because I did not
actively use this tool for translations.

Regards
Eva