[Evergreen-dev] Evergreen 3.11 Release Candidate coming later today

Jason Boyer JBoyer at equinoxOLI.org
Mon May 22 10:54:55 EDT 2023

Today is RC day, and we're going to start working on the release about 2:00 pm Eastern, so I'd like everyone to pause pushing anything to rel_3_11 by 1:45 Eastern (What time is that where you are? Take a look: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20230522T174500&p1=tz_et Add your tz / location to see the converted time.)

I would also ask that any minor bug fixes between today at 2 and the official 3.11 release on Tuesday (barring any serious issues in the RC, of course), are kept in your back pocket and not pushed to master or any of the rel_3_X branches so that rel_3_11 isn't missed when backporting or the RC and actual release differ unnecessarily. If there's sufficient testing to do the actual release before next Tuesday I'll send out a notice to that effect and open up pushes then.

If your big new feature just got done it's fine to go into master now since it's too late for back porting anywhere else anyway. :)

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
Senior System Administrator